My loved one died without a Will, can I apply for administration?

This is a very common question, in essence, if you are entitled to the estate or a portion of the estate you can apply for Letters of Administration. This can include:

  • A spouse or de facto spouse
  • Children (over the age of 18)
  • Parents
  • Brothers /and/or sisters
  • Grandparents
  • Aunt/Uncles

If you are any of the above, it is imperative you seek legal advice to discuss the estate and to determine if you are eligible to apply for administration.

If there is more than one person eligible to be the Administrator you may need to have additional documents drafted to consent to administration or perhaps make a joint application.

Please contact one of our experienced Solicitors at Amanda Little to assist you with this process.

Loved One Passed Away Without Will