Making your Will is one of the most important things you will do in your life, therefore finding a lawyer you trust to assist you with this process is vital. Amanda Little & Associates Estates will draft your will so that upon your passing your assets are distributed to those whom you have chosen. We will also assist you to estate plan to minimise the risk of your estate becoming contested successfully, should your circumstances be complex.
Prior to attending with one of the Solicitors at Amanda Little & Associates Estates, we ask you to consider the following questions:
- Who would you like to appoint as your Executor? (Your Executor is a person who takes your Will and distributes your estate).
- Do you want to appoint more than one Executor?
- In the circumstances where they cannot be your Executor/Executors who do you want to be your Alternate Executor?
- Are there any specific gifts you would like to give? If so, what are they and who would you like to give them to?
- Where would you like the residual of your Estate to go? Would you like to give it your Wife/Husband, your partner, your children, or any other third party?
- Are there are minor beneficiaries of the Estate? If so, would you like to appoint a separate Trustee as opposed to the Executor to manage the Trust monies pending your minor beneficiaries coming of age? How old do you want the minor beneficiaries to be before they can access their inheritance?
- Do you have any infant children? If so, who would you like to appoint as the guardian of your children should you pass away prior to them attaining the age of 18?
- Do you have any requests for burial or cremation? And if so, are there any specific details you would like to include within your Will?
- Are you an organ donor? If so, would you like this request to be included in your Will?