Power of Attorney
Appointing a Power of Attorney is of vital importance therefore appointing an Attorney is an extremely important decision. We can assist you to appoint your Power of Attorney under a general power of attorney or an enduring power of attorney.
General Power of Attorney
A general power of attorney is a legal document which you can use to appoint a person to make decisions about your property or financial affairs prior to loss of mental capacity for specified periods or functions, because of this many people will appoint a General Attorney if they are travelling overseas or if they would like to appoint someone for specific role ( e.g. executing a contract on their behalf during a specified period)
Enduring Power of Attorney
An enduring power of attorney is a legal document which you can use to appoint a person to make decisions about your property or financial affairs if you lose mental capacity, therefore this is the most essential document of the two forms of Attorneys. This your “fail safe” and ensures that if you loose capacity your finances will be taken care of by your Attorney until you either regain capacity or your passing.
Questions we may ask you include:
- Who would you like to appoint as your Attorney?
- Do you want to appoint more than one Attorney? and if so, do you want them to be appointed jointly or solely?
- What are their full names, address and occupation? In the circumstances where they cannot be your Attorney who do you want to be your alternate Attorney?
- When do you want the Attorney to be effective?
- A specified time
- For a specified event
- Once you lose capacity
- Do you have a spouse or minor children? If so do you want provision for them made in your power of attorney?
- Do you want to limit your power of attorney?
Where to from here?
Please contact us appoint your Power of Attorney. Our experienced Solicitors can discuss which of the two types of attorneys you require and draft the necessary documents. If you would like more information please contact us on 0247 616 935