Letters of Administration Penrith
If your loved one has died without a will, you may need to apply for Letters of Administration, this will then allow you to become the Administrator of the estate. A grant of Letters of Administration allows the Administrator to step into the shoes of the deceased and administer their estate. If your loved one passed away with a will but the original cannot be located you can apply for Letters of Administration – Will Annexed.
Steps in applying to the Supreme Court for Letters of Administration:
In summary the process of applying for a grant of administration is:
- Ascertaining the value of assets;
- Organising publication of intention to apply for Letters of Administration;
- Making enquiries to locate and undertake an search for any possible will made by the deceased;
- Drawing necessary documentation to apply for Letters of Administration;
- Obtaining the grant of Letters of Administration;
- Calling in of assets;
- Negotiating with superannuation funds;
- Negotiating with life insurance agencies;
- Organising publication of intention to distribute;
- Distributing the estate; and
- Establishing a trust if required.
Court Documents to be filed for Letters of Administration
To apply for letters of administration we will file the following documents in the Supreme Court of NSW:
- Summons for Letters of Administration (or Letters of Administration with the Will Annexed)
- draft Grant for Letters of Administration (or Grant for Letters of Administration with the Will Annexed
- Affidavit of the Applicant for Administration (or Affidavit of the Applicant for Administration with the Will Annexed)
- Inventory of Property
- A copy of the will, if you are applying for Letters of Administration with the Will Annexed
- Death Certificate.
Where to from here?
At the initial consultation we will take instructions from you to commence the process of applying for Letters of Administration.
Prior to attending your conference with us, we will send you an information form for your completion and to assist you to gather the relevant information required.
Please contact Amanda Little & Associates Estates to book an appointment with one of our Letters of Administration Solicitors to discuss your matter on 0247 616 935